- Abbotsford Agrifair – an agricultural fair that includes a midway, amusement rides and lots of animals at Exhibition Park at 32470 Haida Drive in Abbotsford (August 4-6, 2017).
- Abbotsford Airshow – Western Canada’s largest airshow (August 11-13, 2017).
- Arts Alive Festival – a community arts festival in Langley (August 19, 2017).
- Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival – a theatrical festival with the plays Much Ado About Nothing, The Winter’s Tale, The Merchant of Venice, and The Two Gentlemen of Verona (from June 1 to September 23, 2017).
- Brigade Days at Fort Langley – three days of celebrations featuring folk in period costume over the BC Day Long Weekend (August 5-7, 2017).
- Burnaby Blues + Roots Festival – a music festival at Deer Lake in Burnaby (August 12, 2017).
- Honda Celebration of Light – a fireworks competition and accompanying festival in English Bay (July 29 and August 2 & 5, 2017).
- Chilliwack Fair and Rodeo – the 145th annual fair and small town rodeo in Chilliwack (August 11-13, 2017).
- Deep Cove Daze – a small community festival with music, food and beverages at Panorama Park in North Vancouver’s Deep Cove (August 27, 2017).
- Dîner en Blanc – the 5th annual outdoor dinner where thousands of participants dress in white and bring their own chairs, table, food, cutlery and dishware (August 24, 2017).
- Fun City Festival – a two-day Car Free Day event in North Vancouver that features lots of live entertainment and a giant water slide (August 12-13, 2017).
- Harmony Arts Festival – in West Vancouver (August 4-13, 2017).
- India Live – a free event celebrating Indian Culture on Granville Street (late August and to be confirmed for 2017).
- Lakeside Car Show – a free event at Harrison Hot Springs (August 26, 2017).
- Kaleidoscope Arts Festival – at Town Centre Park in Coquitlam with fee admission and performances by The Matinée, The Paperboys and Bif Naked (August 12, 2017).
- KitsFest – a sports festival on the beach at Kitsilano featuring yoga, tennis, volleyball, water polo, basketball and other sports, as well as lots of DJ music (August 18-20, 2017).
- Korean Cultural Heritage Festival – a free festival celebrating Korean food, music and culture at Swangard Stadium at 3883 Imperial Street in Burnaby (August 5, 2017).
- Maple Ridge Caribbean Festival – a 2-day festival at the Maple Ridge Fairgrounds (August 5-6, 2017).
- Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) – Vancouver’s annual fair (August 19 until September 4, 2017).
- Powell Street Festival – a two-day festival celebrating everything Japanese-Canadian in downtown Vancouver (August 5 & 6, 2017).
- Red Truck Concert Series – multiple concerts at Red Truck Brewery at 295 East 1st Avenue in Vancouver (August 12, 2017).
- Richmond Maritime Festival – a free maritime festival at Britannia Shipyard in Steveston Village (August 12-13, 2017).
- Sounds of Summer Music Series – FREE outdoor concerts in different Surrey parks on Wednesday evenings.
- Squamish Days Loggers Sports Festival – a parade, bed races, ax-throwing contests and other logger competitions in Squamish (August 3-7, 2017).
- Steveston Dragon Boat Festival – in Steveston Village (August 26, 2017).
- TD Vancouver Chinatown Festival – a small cultural festival in Vancouver’s Chinatown between Columbia and Keefer Street (August 12-13, 2017).
- Tsawwassen Sun Festival – a softball tournament over the BC Day Long Weekend that includes a parade and an antique car show on the holiday Monday in Tsawwassen (August 5-7, 2017).
- Vancouver Pride Parade and Festival – celebrating Vancouver’s LGBTTQ community (August 6, 2017).
- White Rock Sea Festival – a torchlight parade, live entertainment, fireworks and family-friendly activities (August 5-6, 2017).